The mystical syllable Om (Aum) represents in Hinduism Brahman, God, the Universe, the All, the inexpressible Absolute or, more precisely, the syllable Om is that divinity or universe itself as euphony.
In Sanskrit the vowel “O” is a diphthong formed by the letters “A” and “U”. Therefore, the syllable Om can be analyzed as composed of three elements: “A”, “U” and “M”, which we will proceed to explain below:
- According to the spirituality of India , the universe emerges as a manifestation of the God Bramha, symbolized by the letter “A”
- The universe endures with the resonance of the letter “U”
- The universe dissolves into silence, with the softest sound of the letter “M”.
- The compound sound produced by the union of the three letters thus symbolizes the act of creation and dissolution of the universe; hence in India it is always sung at the beginning of all sacred ceremonies.
- The letters “A” and “U” are essential for the “M” sound, which sets the silence on which the sound is projected. The verbal manifestation of the syllable Aum is naturally fleeting, while the silence, which is Brahman, remains.
- Element 1: Awakened Mind: Bottom left, the bottom of that 3 species represents the waking state. It is the state of our mind when we are awake. The mind perceives the world through the 5 senses, and it is the most common of the states of consciousness of human beings. The mind is active and perceives the stimuli of the material world around it.
- Element 2: Mind between Sleep and Awake: On the right side, at the intersection between the curves, is the intermediate state, the state between deep sleep and waking state. Apparently we are asleep but all our senses are active.
- Element 3: Mind in Sleep: The top of that 3 is the unconscious state, the state of deep sleep. We are unaware of everything around us.
- Element 4: State of Peace of Mind, Stillness and Bliss: The Om Symbol Point represents the fourth State of Consciousness. We go into meditation and we no longer seek to enjoy the senses or get hooked on thoughts. It is a state of peace, of silence. Hence the sound of Om that corresponds to this point is Silence. A state of pure consciousness and supreme happiness, as well as a state of disconnection.
- Element 5: State of ignorance: The semicircle, which sometimes looks more like a line, below the dot is the barrier that prevents us from reaching the state of bliss. Be aware of the fact that it does not touch the point, that it cannot affect that state of peace, even though it makes it difficult for us to get there. It is a state of ignorance that keeps us far from who we really are, the so-called Mayan veil or illusions of our mind.
- Helps you manage your emotions
- Improves hormonal balance
- Increase your level of concentration and focus
- Maintains homoestasis
- Helps you achieve your goals and objectives
- Open the heart chakra and fill you with love
- Produces melatonin
- Boost your immune system
- Brings you to the state of meditation
- Gives you deep relaxation
- Improves the quality of your voice by strengthening the vocal cords
- Improve your personal and professional life
- Chanting OM serves to detoxify your body by eliminating accumulated toxins in the body
- Create a positive energy within you
- Calm your mind
- Avoid stress and anxiety states
- Creates a significant impact on a person’s spinal cord. The vibrations created during singing improve the efficiency of the spinal cord.