In a loan, the thing or object loaned is delivered with the purpose of being returned during a certain time.
There are other cases of loans. This occurs when phrases or words that are not from the same language are used, generally adapted.
There are a variety of loans such as:
- Financial loans : these are those loans that are made for certain amounts of money granted by the bank or financial agent or authorized person, to a person or company, in order for it to be returned (plus interest) during a certain time .
- Sports loan: this is the type of loan of players from one team to another, under the authorization of the team president. This type of loan is very common in soccer, for example.
- Linguistic loan: it is applied in cases in which one language takes words or phrases borrowed from another, totally opposite. It can be words or morphemes , sometimes slightly changed, sometimes just taken as is. This type of loan can be lexical or grammatical.
- Lexical loan: it is the loan of lexical words , adjectives , nouns or verbs. It is rare, but it still happens.
- Grammatical or semantic loan: it talks about the type of loans that occurs between two or more bilingual speakers who use the lexicon or morpheme of a language that is not the original one.
- Shampoo: shampoo
- Hotdog: hot dog
- Banana: banana
- Baby: baby
- Laptop: laptop
- Grass: grass
- Links: links
- Password: password
- Lasagna: pasticho.