Possessive adjectives in English
The possessive adjectives in English , emphasizing the sense of ownership and are related with personal pronouns , such as :
- I- My.
- You- Your: you, your
- He- His (for men): his or her
- Her- Her (for women): his or her
- We- Our: our, our, our, our.
- They- Their: his or her
- You, you- Your: you or your.
- That- Its: su, of it.
Example of sentences with possessives in English
Possessive adjectives are not pronouns, they are only related to construct the sentence, since possessive pronouns replace the noun, but the adjective accompanies it and is written prior to the noun.
We will start with the possessive adjective my, relative to the first person singular .
- My house is big. My house is big.
- The writings are my responsibility. The writings are my responsibility.
- Have you thought about my project proposal? Have you thought about my project proposal?
- Your godmother lives in Alaska. Your godmother lives in Alaska
- Where are your shoes? Where are your shoes?
- They are your best friends. They are your best friends
He (his, his): His
- Those objects are his. These objects are his
- My uncle forgot his wallet. My uncle forgot his wallet
- That furniture is his. This furniture is his
She (his, hers): Her
- Her father was upset with her. Her father was upset with her
- Karina has her phone back. Karina has her phone back.
- Let’s go find her boyfriend. Let’s go find her boyfriend.
We (our): Our
- Our purpose is to have business success. Our purpose is to be successful in business.
- They are our songs. Are our songs
- It is ours the history documentary. The history documentary is ours
They (of them-they, their): Their
- The girls know their strengths. Girls know their strengths
- The young people lost their way. Young people lost their way
- That luggage is hers. That luggage is hers.
You (your, you): Your
- You will accompany us on the trip with your reservations. You accompany us on the journey with your reservations.
- Your Pastor did not attend mass. Your Pastor did not attend mass
- You either brought your bags or not. Did you bring your bags?
- The dog is very obedient because his owner trains him. The dog is very obedient because its owner trains it.
- The Ministry prepares its annual budget. The ministry draws up its annual budget.
- The building has its foundations. The building has its foundations.