Dorotea Orem was in charge of determining that the definition of self-care would be: “the activity that individuals learn and orient themselves to apply a goal.” This would be the main concept, now many people handle it in different ways, but the main point is to be in a good physical, mental and even spiritual state.
Examples of self-care
- Exercising: A daily routine that requires taking care of our body to stay healthy. From aerobic and anaerobic exercises , these are some of the things that all human beings need to maintain a physical condition that allows them to live to the fullest.
- Eat properly: We all have the right to a good diet. Also, it should be noted that it is recommended to eat correctly to avoid health problems.
- Right to rest: Something necessary for all people, rest is essential to have a good performance during the day in different aspects of your life.
- Stress management: One of themost dangerous diseases of the 21st century, where all human beings require care to better manage things in their lives.
- Routine medical control: having a medical check-up should always be a good idea to verify the state of our health.
- Hydration: maintaining a constant intake of water is an effective and safe way to keep our body in excellent condition and more knowing it is making up 70% of liquid.
- Recreation: recreation is a very important element for our physical and mental health. This will allow us to be mentally clear and more calm
- Medications: the intake of medications should always be under medical prescription, otherwise we may be generating alterations and deterioration in our body.
- Walking or jogging outdoors
- Meditate: the meditation has always been a good choice whencomes to taking care of our bodies,is why it is recommendeddoat the least 15 minutes a day.