The law is a series of regulations created for society in order to govern social behavior and that the community in general must comply with in a mandatory way or, otherwise, it will receive sanctions for non-compliance with them.
As for the interests, they can vary depending on what is sought or required for social life, that is why, below, we will show you 10 examples of predominant public law in society. The right can be classified into at least two parts: the subjective and the objective right, depending on the case.
It is in charge of regulating the interaction between citizens and the entities in charge of public power, that is, offices are created to guarantee the defense and in turn, demand faithful compliance with the previously established norms.
Each mandate that comes out from this right cannot be waived by any party involved and neither can it be evaded, so it becomes mandatory for society.
Its objective is to structure the social order and establish the mechanisms for the faithful fulfillment of the established norms .
Characteristics of public law
- It is a more specific branch of law , focused on the relationships that exist between specific groups and individuals in a society.
- Prevails heteronomía and mandatory standards.
- He is in charge of issues that may affect people within the public sphere.
- It presumes a relationship between a person and a state entity.
- It is in opposition to private law.
Legal nature of public law
It can be defined as a series of rules that legally regulate the organization and proper functioning of the state, as well as the relations between people and the state. They are the legal rules on the very organization of the state apparatus, and its functions.
Branches of public law
- Constitutional right.
- Registry and Notary Law.
- Civil Procedural Law.
- Ecclesiastical Law.
- Tax Law.
- Criminal Procedural Law.
- Public International Law.
- Administrative law.
10 examples of public law
- Civil procedure: If someone commits robberies in the middle of a public highway and affects everyone who lives and walks through those streets, it becomes a public problem, then the community organized through established public institutions, enforce the laws that achieve the return to tranquility and social security.
- Tax power : The tax power is one that establishes the cancellation of taxes or fees in a jurisdiction. Many products of daily commercialization have an additional percentage established at the cost of the same, for example, the implementation of the Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Criminal: It is responsible for offering a right and certain benefits for those who are deprived of liberty, they are a set of actions that are carried out from the first moment the person enters, until the determination of the final sentence. When entering a penitentiary, the inmate has the right to visit his family from time to time.
- Constitutional: They are the primary laws for the identification of the State. For example: Every citizen has the constitutional right to automatically receive at birth the nationality of the country in which they are found. It is a public right and the State is obliged to comply with it.
- Ecclesiastical: Freedom of worship is a public ecclesiastical right, that is, anyone is free to choose or belong to any religious organization of their choice. It should be noted that everything is carried out according to the regulations of the state in which it is located, although there are religious activities with international legal connotation.
- Notarial: For a certain document to be valid within a nation, it must be processed by the public notary office belonging to the jurisdiction in which the parties involved are located. The marriage certificate must be registered by a notary public so that it acquires the legal rights of both parties.
- Public administration: There are certain documents necessary for citizenship and that it is the duty of the State to guarantee them through public administration offices, for example: the identity card.
- Registry: It is the one that is in charge of regulating or as its name indicates, keeping a legal record of assets or entitlements that the individual possesses. To start a company in which goods are acquired, it must be registered with the state and governed by the regulations issued from the latter.
- Individual: They are those that, although it is also based on their duties and rights, are clearly determined by the citizen. For example: Choosing a better job proposal, it is the individual’s decision to determine his future job and he will be the only one responsible to society.
- Subjection: It is public law, when a person who belongs to a nation, compulsorily assumes compliance with the laws previously established through the constitution, therefore, is subject to fully comply with them.