Throughout history we have met great leaders of democracy in different countries. Political icons that have brought society significant and important changes for the advancement and development of a nation.
10 Examples of Phrases about Democracy
- “Democracy is the government of the people, by the people, for the people” Remembered phrase of the 16th president of the United States, Abraham Lincoln.
- “The freedom of a people only resides in the States in which its citizens have the supreme power” Expressed by Cicero, Politician and Roman philosopher in the year 106 BC
- “Democracy has arisen from the idea that if men are equal in any respect, they are equal in all” Aristotle, Greek philosopher.
- “The people of the Americas have the right to democracy and their governments have the obligation to promote and defend it,” said Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States.
- “The continuation of authority in the same individual has often been the end of democratic governments. Repeated elections are essential in popular systems, because nothing is as dangerous as allowing power to remain with the same citizen for a long time. The people get used to obeying him and he gets used to commanding it; from where usurpation and tyranny originate. A just zeal is the guarantee of republican freedom, and our citizens should fear with plenty of justice that the same magistrate, who has sent them for a long time, will send them perpetually ”Phrase by Simón Bolívar during the Congress of Angostura in 1819.
- “My political ideal is democratic. Each one should be respected as a person and no one should be deified ”Quote by the German scientist, Albert Einstein.
- “A great democracy must progress or it will soon cease to be either great or democracy” Remembered phrase of the twenty-sixth President of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt.
- “Democracy replaces the appointment made by a corrupted minority, by the election made thanks to an incompetent majority” Quote from the year 1856 by George Bernard Shaw, Irish writer
- “I do not deny the rights of democracy; but I have no illusions regarding the use that will be made of those rights as long as wisdom is scarce and pride abounds ”Henri-Frédéric Amiel, Swiss philosopher.
- “Democracy is the process that guarantees that we are not governed better than we deserve” Quote from the year 1920 by the American writer, Charles Bukowski.