You can choose from 3 main types of fever reducers :
- The traditional acetaminophen
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), which include ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen
- Plants with medicinal properties
In reality, none of these drugs is better than another, but you should compare their forms and choose the one that best suits your health conditions . It is best to make an informed decision with the help of a healthcare professional.
The temperature of the normal body may vary from one person to another. Even in the same person, the temperature can vary depending on the physical activity they are doing, age and time of day.
An average body temperature considered normal is 98.6 ° F or 37 ° C. Body temperature over 100 ° F is generally considered a fever, and should always be measured with thermometers.
10 examples of medicine to lower fever
- Paracetamol: it is considered one of the best medicines to control fever in adults and children, as well as being a powerful pain reliever. Likewise, it is used to treat other conditions, such as headache, muscle pain, back pain, toothache, arthritis and any common cold. The maximum amount of paracetamol to take in adults is 1 g per dose and 4 g per day.
- Acetaminophen: It is a specific medicine to lower fever , but it is also used to treat many conditions, such as: headaches, muscle pain, back pain, arthritis, among others. Adults and teens weighing less than 110 pounds should not eat more than 1 gram at a time, or more than 4 grams in 24 hours. Children under 12 years of age may not take more than 5 doses in a 24-hour period, and the dose will always depend on the weight and age of the child.
- Ibuprofen: It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body. Ibuprofen is used to reduce fever and treat pain or inflammation caused by many conditions, including menstrual cramps or minor injuries. Ibuprofen is used in adults and children who are at least 6 months old.
- Aspirin : It works by reducing substances in the body that cause pain, fever, and inflammation. This medicine is sometimes used to treat or prevent heart attacks, strokes, and chest pain (angina).
- Dipyrone: It is a drug with powerful analgesic, antipyretic and spasmolytic effects , widely used in the treatment of various pains and is effective for fever , normally induced by illnesses such as colds and flu. Its active substance is metamizole sodium.
- Naproxen: It is an active principle that is used to treat pain and inflammation, as well as to lower fever ; It corresponds to the group of medicines known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Theraflu tea for day and night: If you are one of those people who do not like to take capsules or tablets, this tea is an excellent and simple alternative. Theraflu tea is great for lowering fever and relieving cold symptoms . Its packaging contains 6 tea bags for the day and 6 tea bags for the night. It has a divine taste of green tea and white tea. To prepare it, just take out an envelope and add hot water to it. Shortly after consuming it you will surely feel better.
- Infusion of thyme and chamomile: A combination of the properties of these two plants make up a powerful anti-inflammatory and antibiotic remedy that facilitates the treatment of infections that are related to fever.
- Infusion of orange peels: This infusion provides the body with an important proportion of vitamin C, which is a nutrient that strengthens the body’s defenses. Ingesting this infusion facilitates the regulation of body temperature and replenishes fluids and nutrients that have been lost due to fever.
- Fennel infusion: Although fennel is well known for its digestive properties, it is also a substance that facilitates fever control . The essential nutrients in fennel strengthen the immune system and help improve responses to infections and inflammation.