It is an action carried out by a person or a group of people against another or others with the purpose of discrediting, defrauding or belittling them. From a legal point of view, injury is considered a crime.
The meaning of injury in the Latin term refers to everything that goes against reason and justice . We can say then that injury is about any act of action that is directed against a person, injuring and damaging their self-esteem and reputation in front of third parties.
From the legal point of view, when referring to injury to honor , it is an expression that goes beyond grammatical significance since it is considered a quality of moral character.
Examples of injury
- Pedro accuses Juan of having taken some objects from the company to his house, when in fact he did not.
- María tells her friends that Julia is dating another man and is unfaithful to her husband, when it is false.
- Classmates choose not to speak to a certain group because they say they are misbehavior and asocial, when in reality they are low-income and do not have an acceptable social position.
- Pablo accuses Julio in the classroom that he takes away the colors and pencils that they leave in the classroom, being a false accusation.
- Martha says at work that Julián is a bad person and likes to speak behind the back of others being an insult.
- Mauricio says on the networks that Juan is bad pay and very conflictive so that everyone knows, this being a false accusation.
- At work, the lady on duty tells the reception office that Pablo is irresponsible and that he likes to speak ill of people.
- In the residence Juana has been in charge of saying that Carlos is a bad neighbor and treats others badly.
- María made a video where she publicly accused Paula for lack of commitment to work and college.
- Mario’s co-worker has said in a meeting that Juan is a bad worker and does not do his job well, these accusations being false.
For an act of injury to be considered as such, it must have aspects such as:
- It must be a harmful act
- It must be public within a certain social group
- Attribution of determined facts.
- Actions that belittle or minimize
- Denigrating comparisons
- Unjustified teasing
- Formulation of value judgments.
Injuries can be classified into two types , namely:
- Of a public nature: in this case, the author of the injury is responsible for spreading false information through the various media and social networks in order to cause as much damage as possible.
- No advertising: these are the type of insults that are direct, that is, they are not publicized or disseminated to others.