This hazard analysis is based on the performance of an evaluative process of a preventive and systematic nature whose purpose is to fulfill and guarantee the safety of the various foods in a logical and objective way.
Its application is mostly practiced in industrial areas that handle food , cosmetology, the pharmaceutical area or any area that has contact or handling with any type of food.
With this hazard analysis and critical control point, the aim is to identify, evaluate and prevent the various risks that may derive from the contamination of products in the various physical, chemical or biological aspects that may be generated throughout the production process.
This hazard analysis seeks to establish both corrective and preventive measures in order to control and guarantee safety.
This hazard analysis and critical control point is created in order to develop and grow a system that provides the necessary and sufficient guarantees on food safety and thus replace the old methods applied.
- Hazard analysis: a flow chart is made for each product that is produced, analyzing the potential dangers existing in the physical, chemical and biological area.
- Identification of critical control points: at this point in the evaluation the critical points in order to guarantee product safety.
- Establishment of critical limits: these are set for each critical control point in order to establish what is and what is not safe.
- Establishment of the surveillance system: the actions to be taken to determine if the procedures are adequate are set out.
- Establishment of corrective actions for the control points: this in order to monitor the previous points in case there is an uncontrolled point.
- Establishment of a verification system: this is done so that the elaboration and schedule is executed efficiently and optimally.
- Development of a documentation system: all evaluation and control processes, as well as execution, must be fully documented in order to keep an optimal control of it.