The comfort zone is a series of situations in which one can think that they are in control of everything and although it can be considered that it is on the positive side it turns out to be very boring, it makes one fall into a routine and the worst thing is that You are stuck at a point where you cannot develop your full potential by becoming conformism.
Examples of comfort zone
- Staying in a job position and not tempting a better one by thinking that you already have mastery of the current one and do not want to put at risk what you already have.
- Staying in the same house for many years and not looking for a better one for fear of not being able to pay the rent or not knowing the area.
- Wait for job offers to come in instead of looking for them.
- Do not talk to someone who may be interesting to avoid anxiety and fear of rejection.
- Eating what’s left in the fridge because you don’t want to go out looking for other things and wait for someone else to do it.
- Having the same car for many years and not wanting to change it for fear that the one you are going to buy will turn out badly
- Do not plant plants that bear fruit in a suitable space and go looking in the store.
- Do not intervene in a conflict for fear that people will involve you directly
- Complain about not having a certain object and doing nothing to change the situation
- Not wanting to change their lifestyle and the way they walk and dress due to their insecurity and fear of what others will say.
- Not wanting to go to college for fear of failing and not graduating.
- Do not start a business or project for fear of losing the money that would be used in the investment.
- Not wanting to plan future trips or outings for fear of something that may arise.
- Staying only with what you have and not wanting to look for better things for fear of losing what you already have.
- Do not choose to improve and be better because you think that others will not see you well and being where you are feels better and comfortable in your space.
Avoiding staying in the comfort zone means taking risks, facing fears and uncertainty, a feeling of danger and stress, however doing so brings many positive things such as new opportunities, experiencing new things, gaining experience, improving in every way, learning, meeting people. new and that contribute positive things in life, it is in general a learning process that serves for personal growth.
There are currently coaching courses and activities to encourage leaving the comfort zone, both by professionals in different fields and also in psychology and thanks to new technologies are more available to everyone.