As they are games in which the players are seated around a table, they do not usually take any physical activity, although there are some exceptions.It should be noted that these types of activities are approximately 5000 years old, where all kinds of things were played in the area of chance or strategy.
Types of board games
- Tile games : some of the best known are dominoes and mahjong. The last one is of Japanese origin. As the name implies, these are games where marked tokens are used to compete.
- Card games : one of the best known using French or Spanish cards. There are also masses of collectible cards such as Magic, which is a role-playing game.
- Role-playing games : they appeared in the 70s and now there are also them on consoles, but the first were tabletop. The best known is Dungeons & Dragons. Now there are all possible genres, from science fiction, through humor and ending in espionage.
- Dice games : dice or something similar is used to play them. Some are accompanied with boards, others just use the dice. Some known are Ludo and Backgammon.
- Traditional board games . A board and sometimes additional pieces are used to play. Chess is the best known of its kind.
- Contemporary board games: Other games have appeared where boards are used but creating a completely different world. There are warlike ones like BattleTech, miniatures like The Lord of the Rings and thematic ones like Scrabble.
Examples of board games
- Playing cards
- Chinese checkers
- The forbidden island
- Code master
- Sequence for kids
- Sushi go
- Mastermind Towers