The relationship that existed with the Scandinavians who supposedly spoke various dialects of Old Norse, gave rise to a significant simplification of grammatical order and an enrichment of the Anglo-French lexicon of English.
The influence of Norman in the English language was introduced from the courts that, together with the government and the arrival of the Renaissance, languages such as Latin and Greek came to supplant the French language.
For this reason, English is the most widely spoken language in many nations that embraced this language and it is considered to be the third language with the greatest expansion worldwide, after Mandarin and Spanish.
Arguably, it is one of the most studied languages and that it has an official character in approximately 60 sovereign states.
How much use in English
How much is an English terminology that is generally used when there is something uncountable. It is therefore important to note that an accounting noun is grammatically referred to something that is likely to have because it is able to accept a number and consists of a form plural .
On the other hand, uncountable nouns are what represent in one way or another an accounting bias in that it does not assertively specify what is wanted to be expressed. However, some of them are countable.
Differences between how many and how much
The how much which means how much is almost always used to interrogate and know the quantity of something uncountable. The how many for its part means how many and is used to know through the question the number of something countable.
It is important to note that “Much” and “Many” are two words in English that tend to be confused, so it is recommended to be certain about the use of each one.
As for the differences between much and many, the following can be noted:
- Much: it is used when speaking of a singular noun , for things that cannot be counted, that is, things or objects that have the character of uncountable.
- Many: is used when speaking of a plural noun and is used for things or objects that are capable of counting. For this reason, in the cases of “many” and “much”, it is spoken of countable nouns and uncountable nouns.
- Countable nouns are often used with a number and have a plural and singular character. Uncountable nouns are only used in the singular and cannot be used with any numbers.
- How much and How many are used to interrogate for quantities, how much in uncountable things, and how many in countable things.
- On other occasions they are used with some negative questions.
How Much Example Sentences
- How much older? (How much higher?)
Ten years older
- How much younger? (How much younger?)
Twelve years younger
- How much workshop? (How much higher?)
Two inches taller (Two inches taller)
- How much shorter? (How much shorter?)
Two inches shorter
- How much does he owe you? (How much does he owe you?)
Three hundred dollars
- How much does a bouquet of sunflowers cost? (How much does a bouquet of sunflowers cost?)
Five hundred dollars
- How much can it be to get to your house? (How long can it be to get to your house?
It can be about an hour
- How much does this pants cost? (How much does this pants cost ?)
That one cost 30 dollars
- How much can it be to travel to Europe? (How much can it be to travel to Europe?)
The trip can last about 8 hours
- How much money do you have in your wallet? (How much money do you have in your wallet?)
I have thousand dollars
- How much is this bus that is in the station?
The bus has a cost of five thousand dollars
- How much do tomatoes cost in the supermarket? (How much do tomatoes cost in the supermarket?)
Tomatoes cost 5 dollars
- How much does the dress cost from the store in the mall? (How much is the dress from the store in the mall?)
The dress cost 20 dollars
- How much milk is in the refrigerator at home? (How much milk is in the refrigerator at home?)
There are three liters of milk
- How much whiskey is there? (How much whiskey is there?)
There are two whiskey bottles
- How much does it cost to go to the beach on this vacation? (How much does it cost to go to the beach on this vacation?)
Going to the beach on this vacation will cost about fifty dollars.
- How much will it be to go from Caracas to Valencia by land transport? (How much will it be to go from Caracas to Valencia by land transport?)
Four hundred dollars (five thousand dollars)