It is a series of questions designed to delve into personal aspects that give clues to the expectations and needs of customers.
The objective of developing an empathy map is to understand clients in order to establish strategies to improve the relationship with them.
The possibility of offering products and services specially designed for the public that is willing to pay for them is the purpose of every brand, especially those that know the importance of marketing and what these techniques can do for their business, which like We well know, they are currently oriented to retain consumers through personalized experiences.
Structure of an empathy map
In the scheme or map the following questions are displayed at the top
- What do you think and feel? (What are your concerns? What are your dreams? Etc.)
- What do you hear? (What people and ideas influence her? What are her favorite brands? Etc.)
- What does he do and what does he talk about? (What do you usually talk about? What are your hobbies? Etc.)
- What do you see (What is the most common in your day to day? What is the world in which the person lives? Etc.)
While at the bottom it shows:
- What are your pains? (What are your frustrations? What prevents you from achieving your dreams? Etc.)
- What are your needs? (What would solve their problems? Where does he want to go? Etc.)
Example of empathy maps
AGE: 29 years
WHAT DO YOU THINK AND FEEL?
“I would like to have my own business.”
“I don’t know where to start to start a healthy life.”
WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?
He is a lover of social networks and TV programs of historical connotation or real cases.
She loves eating fast food and is often looking for new places to go.
He likes to read or listen to the experience of other entrepreneurs with similar goals.
WHAT DOES IT SPEAK AND DO?
Visit good restaurants.
He talks a lot with his friends via chat.
WHAT DO YOU SEE?
She frequents people with needs that she can cover at the work level.
Friends who are trying to do important things in their life.
You feel disoriented about how to start your own business.
It is difficult to work on your own and no one sets schedules for you.
She is an insecure woman despite possessing qualities to achieve success.
“I need knowledge about business management and improve my knowledge in my area of work.”
“I have to buy online courses and some equipment to complement my job development.”