The document issued with the essential data of a newborn is known as a birth certificate . The document gives proof that there is a new person in the world.
This document is delivered through the corresponding civil registry , since the necessary data is recorded there so that the person who has just been born legally has an identity .
Characteristics of the birth certificate
- The parents of the newborn must go to the civil registry with the birth certificate that they previously delivered to the medical center where the child was born.
- It is done on a single sheet with a stamp and letterhead of the corresponding registry.
- The original document is filed in the corresponding civil registry, for which the parents are given a certified copy.
- The document contains : date of birth, place of birth (including country, state and municipality) and time of birth.
- The personal data of the parents are specified in detail .
- In the birth certificate , the name of the newborn is reflected, including the surname of his parents.
- After verifying the data, the parents of the newborn proceed to record their signature , as proof of approval that the data in the act is correct.
- The birth certificate contains an identification number.
- In this document, the newborn is identified as a citizen and subject of rights and duties.
- There may be marginal annotations in the birth certificates , made by the registry, in the event that there is an error in the item and it has been amended.