It is a process that requires analysis, measurement, control and other means that in turn serve as an aid to obtain scientific knowledge.
Scientific research brings new things in everything that concerns general knowledge, as well as resolution of conflicts and unknowns, within the fields covered by science.
In the same way, research contributes to the evolution in the study, which allows us to be in contact with reality.
Characteristics of Scientific Research
- It is necessary that the implements or methods are considered as valid by the scientific community.
- For a scientific investigation to be accepted, it must have a large number of events and not focus on a closed point of view.
- The result of investigations can be represented by numbers, that is, quantitative.
- The result of an investigation has to be innovative without repeating previous investigations.
- No scientific investigation can be used to satisfy an individual curiosity, because it can contribute in a good way to scientific knowledge.
- The observation of a phenomenon in the beginning serves as motivation for the beginning of an investigation.
- It has the creation of hypotheses to propose possible results to which the investigation will arrive.
- The experimentation of hypotheses can refer to the experiments that are carried out in the laboratories, to reiterate the phenomenon of nature.
- The hypothesis testing means prove or disprove the hypotheses.
- Not all scientific research provides knowledge that makes it possible to generalize it in the form of a theory.