It is a set of information that encompasses knowledge , with an orderly and systematic method known as the scientific method .
The evolution of science is what has allowed man to know new things and get out of obscurity , in addition to finding explanations made by an unlimited number of observations regarding the environment that surrounds him and his being.
Its objective is to find answers and test various hypotheses , based on the proposed experimental model.
Mostly it tends to replace this model with new evidence, considered by different points of view.
Characteristics of science
- It is based on concrete facts .
- Discard facts, discover new ones, and explain them.
- It is specialized ; it comes from the consequence of the analytical approach .
- Clear and precise ; science labels precisely what common sense knows in a confusing way.
- Tends to tackle complex topics.
- Science is characterized by being expressible and public .
- It is empirical , hypothesis testing occurs through experience.
- Legal; science looks for laws of culture or science and applies them.
- It is open because it has no limits to discover new things.
- It is called predictive; Scientists aim to give an answer on how events occur.
- It is methodical, science tends to be planned , scientists know what they are looking for and how to find it.
- Its usefulness is because it seeks the truth and is a consequence of its objectivity.
- It is a system of ideas that are logically connected to each other .
- All scientific statements can be replaced or corrected .
- The particular facts are forming part of a scheme of general guidelines , adding importance to the result that arises from that generalization.
- Due to the high degree of complexity , it often tends to fall into specialization .
- Each new information is intertwined with what has already been discovered in a harmonious way.
- A lot of scientific evidence can be turned into a theory .
- A scientific revolution is based on discoveries of new facts that can no longer be supported by theories regarding this topic.
- Science can be based on an error , because new teachings can come from this.