It is considered a subspecies of the wolf family. Its scientific name is Canis lupus familiaris.
Belonging to the group of canines , these animals have accompanied man from generation to generation, thus making him one of the most popular pets in the world.
- Its life span lasts approximately 15 years.
- They have, for the most part, elongated snouts and sharp teeth.
- They do not have a good sense of taste.
- The sense of smell and vision are super developed.
- It can record high frequencies that humans cannot detect.
- They can observe in the dark and have the ability to distinguish a moving object or animal.
- Its bone structure is very good and it is very well defined.
- Their strong and defined muscles allow them to move very easily and quickly.
- They are very animals
- Its movement in the tail , expresses the state of mind of the animal.
- Its size, color and coat vary depending on the breed.
- They are animals that communicate by grunting, barking, and vocalizing.
- They leave urine trails in order to mark territory and establish hierarchy.
- Despite being carnivorous animals, their diet can be varied.
- The females of this species mature sexually, between 8 and 12 months.
- Males usually mature sexually at 15 months.
- The gestation period usually takes about 2 months.
- Females , depending on the breed, can have between 1 to 7 cubs.
- Dogs, like humans, shed their teeth , but unlike these, the period is much shorter.
- Dogs’ teeth come in between the first 8 weeks of life , then, between 4 and 7 months of life, the moving process begins in order for the permanent teeth to come out.