They clearly reflect the product or service that a company offers and in the same image there is an inserted link that directs the interested user to the main website where the product offered can be found, in addition to this the image and design usually have elements that tend to arouse the interest of users regarding what is offered.
Banner is defined as the format that is responsible for advertising on the Internet is used mainly in advertising that is called display.
The main objective of Banner is to publicize a public product or service in order to attract the public to the advertiser’s website. For the message to work correctly it must attract attention, for this reason the banners must be creative and original so that they are the center of attention of the users. As it is about internet advertisements, these must be eye-catching.
You can find different types of banners but the most common are:
- Rectangular: those that, as their name indicates, have that shape and their sizes are large enough to attract attention but not excessively invade the main content of the page.
- Page steal banners: they are also rectangular, vertical or horizontal in size and are located very close to the article on the page and despite this it is not annoying (mostly) for the user.
- Skyscrapers: they are of similar sizes and shapes to the previous ones but they are usually located on one side of the page, they have approximate sizes of 100 x 600 pixels.
- Buttons: These are much more square in shape, are typically 125 x 125 pixels in size or approximate, and can be static or dynamic.
- Curtain: these are usually more annoying since they appear on the screen when entering a page, they are effective in the sense that they are visible to the user but are easy to close.
- Metlife: this refers to a company that is dedicated to life and accident insurance, for this reason it uses an interactive banner which draws the attention of users. In his advertising image, he emphasizes how well teamwork works.
- Ikea: this company has stood out for being the one who assembles its furniture, since the banners are created and published by the same company, which helps them save money.
- The banner used by the Kellogg s company lets its users know that by consuming cereal, thanks to the fiber that it provides, things will work much better.
- Fiat highlights a good banner when it creates the debate about how bad it is to drink and drive at the same time. The message that wants users to become aware of the danger of driving when drinking alcoholic beverages. If you’re going to drink, don’t drive.
- Org this association creates a banner emphasizing the importance of protecting yourself when you are going to have sex in order to avoid any disease and AIDS. This animated post shows users when a penis seeks sex and the danger when they don’t use condom