Experiencing emotions like happiness, excitement, joy, hope, and inspiration is vital for anyone who wants to lead a happy and healthy life.
What are positive emotions? – A definition
Positive emotions are simply “happy feelings” that we pursue for momentary pleasure. Like the most negative emotions, they play an important role in everyday life.
Examples of emotions
- Joy – A feeling of euphoria, happiness, and perhaps even elation, often experienced as a sudden spike due to something good happening.
- Gratitude – A feeling of appreciation for something specific or simply all-encompassing, often accompanied by humility and even reverence.
- Serenity – a calm and peaceful feeling of self-acceptance.
- Interest : a feeling of curiosity or fascination that demands and captures your attention.
- Hope – a feeling of optimism and anticipation about a positive future.
- Pride : a sense of self-approval and pleasure in a personal achievement, skill, or attribute.
- Fun – A sense of joyous pleasure and enjoyment, often accompanied by easy smiles and laughter.
- Inspiration – Feeling engaged, elevated, and motivated by something you witnessed.
- Awe : an emotion that is evoked when you witness something great, spectacular or impressive, causing an overwhelming sense of appreciation.
- Elevation – The sensation you feel when you see someone engage in an act of kindness, generosity, or inner goodness, prompting you to aspire to a similar action.
- Altruism – Generally referred to as an act of selflessness and generosity towards others, but it can also describe the feeling it feels to help others.
- Satisfaction : a sense of pleasure and satisfaction that comes from accomplishing something or satisfying a need.
- Relief : the feeling of happiness you experience when an uncertain situation turns out better or a negative outcome is avoided.
- Affection : an emotional bond with someone or something, accompanied by a liking for them and a sense of pleasure in their company.
- Joy – a feeling of brightness, being optimistic and remarkably happy or cheerful; feeling that everything is going your way.
- Surprise (the good kind!): A sense of delight when someone brings you unexpected happiness or a situation goes even better than you expected.
- Confidence : emotion that implies a strong sense of self-worth and belief in yourself; it can be specific to a situation or activity, or more universal.
- Admiration : a feeling of warm approval, respect, and appreciation for someone or something.
- Enthusiasm : a sense of excitement, accompanied by motivation and commitment.
- Anxiety : as a less intense form of enthusiasm; A feeling of willingness and excitement for something.
- Euphoria – intense and the all-encompassing feeling of joy or happiness, often experienced when something extremely positive and exciting happens.
- Satisfaction : a peaceful, comforting and discreet sense of happiness and well-being.
- Enjoy : a sense of pleasure in what is happening around you, especially in situations such as a leisure activity or social gathering.
- Optimism – positive and hopeful emotion that encourages you to look to a bright future, in which you believe that things will mostly work out.
- Happiness – a sense of pleasure and satisfaction in the way things are going; a general sense of enjoyment and enthusiasm for life.
- Love : perhaps the strongest of all positive emotions, love is a deep and lasting feeling of affection for someone, coupled with a willingness to put their needs above your own; It can be directed towards an individual, a group of people, or even all of humanity.