In the human diet, legumes have great value , especially due to the following characteristics of most of them:
- They contain high levels of fiber
- Your fat levels are low
- They are an important source of protein
- They provide carbohydrates
- They have minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, iron, copper, magnesium among others
- They are a source of folic acid
- They have vitamins belonging to the B complex, vitamin A and C.
In general, only the seeds are consumed, such as beans or lentils, but there are also cases in which they are included with everything.
25 Examples of Legumes
- Green peas
- Broad beans
- Garbanzo beans
- Peanuts or peanuts
- Kidney beans
- Soy or Soy
- Lupine lupine or lupine
- Green bean, green bean, string bean, green bean or green bean
- Beans, beans, beans, or string beans
- Pea or pea
- Kidney beans
Legumes are essential foods in human beings, they are easy to prepare so we can consume them daily, it is rich in nutrients, which is essential in a healthy diet, it can even help in malnutrition in some developing countries.
Now, legumes provide essential nutrients and properties for health and are the following:
- Strengthens the heart: thanks to its low amount of polyunsaturated fats, it takes care of our heart and prevents the development of heart problems.
- Maintains Blood Sugar: Lentils provide carbohydrates that help maintain blood sugar.
- Helps with anemia: its large portion of iron and folic acid, legumes are essential to raise our defenses and give us strength for our day to day.
- Maintains our ideal weight: legumes, thanks to their fiber, maintain and regulate body weight